The ILSI Research Foundation hosts, sponsors, and co-organizes a variety of scientific events. Use the filter option to view events by date and title. To clear the filter, click reset.
Dr. Morven McLean, ILSI Research Foundation Executive Director, will be participating in the Innovative Foods and Ingredients conference series, organized and convened by the Institute on Science for Global Policy.
Under the auspices of the South Asia Biosafety Program, the ILSI Research Foundation and Biotech Consortium India Limited are organizing the 7th Annual South Asia Biosafety Conference (SABC 2019), the premier biosafety meeting in South Asia.
- First Prize: USD $300 and a one-year membership to the International Society for Biosafety Research
- Second Prize: USD $200 and a one-year membership to the International Society for Biosafety Research
Evaluation and Judging
Posters will be evaluated as follows:
Abstract (10%) - Clarity and correlation with poster.
Scientific Content (70%) - Introduction and background with literature cited, objectives, materials and methods, results and discussion, and significance to the field. The quality of the research presented will be judged on its scientific rigor and significance as conveyed by the poster. Each poster must be self-explanatory. Judges will have the opportunity to discuss posters with the presenters, but this will not be considered in the evaluation of the display.
Poster Display (20%) - Posters will be judged on organization, effective use of space, legibility, grammar and spelling, and effective use of graphics.
Each poster display will be judged independently by three judges on September 14-15, 2019 based on the abstract, scientific content, and poster display. Judges will be encouraged to provide constructive comments for each poster. However, comments may be very brief or absent because of the limited time available. Winners will be announced on September 16.
Layout and Design
The maximum dimensions for the poster is 48 inches/122 cm (height) x 36 inches/91 cm (width). Poster boards will be a plywood surface that will permit the use of removable double-sided tape, tacks, or board pins.
The following are suggestions for ensuring the readability and quality of posters:
- Check for proper spelling and grammar.
- Use a standard typeface font.
- Ensure text is clear and concise.
- Important information should be readable from about 10 feet away.
- Use bullets, numbering, and headlines to make it easy to read.
- Include tables, figures, graphs, and color to enforce key points.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition, but nonstandard abbreviations/acronyms should be placed in parentheses after the first use of the terminology. It is important to keep nonstandard abbreviations/acronyms to a minimum, to allow for readability and understanding.
- Have a consistent and clean layout.
- Include any appropriate acknowledgments, your name, and institutional affiliation.
Each accepted poster will be assigned a numbered space for where they should be posted in the conference hall. Posters must be added to their assigned space on Saturday, September 14, 2019 prior to the beginning of the Poster Program. Posters must remain in their assigned space until Monday, September 16, 2019, after the final plenary session, to ensure that attendees and judges will have adequate time to view the posters.Lightning Round
The Lightning Round is a unique opportunity for students and early career researchers to share their research in an oral presentation format that is exciting, challenging, and entertaining. All presentations must convey relevance to biosafety research, environmental or food safety assessment of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), or the regulation of GM plants, animals, arthropods, or micro-organisms. Each participant will be given 5 minutes and 5 slides to clearly present their work, challenging them to think carefully about how best to use the allotted time and visual aids. The presentations will be scored by the session's Chair and Co-Chair, and prizes will be awarded to the top two participants.
Below are the prizes for the SABC 2019 Lightning Round:
- First Prize: USD $300
- Second Prize: USD $200
- All participants chosen for the Lightning Round will receive a one-year membership to the International Society for Biosafety Research.
Abstract Submission Deadline: July 31, 2019Social Media
Join the Conversation!Follow @ILSIRF on Twitter to see live tweets during the conference. Tweet using #SABC2019 to interact with other
The 7th Annual South Asia Biosafety Conference will be held at The Westin, Dhaka, located at Main Gulshan Avenue, CWN (B) Road 45, Plot 1, Gulshan 2, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
AccommodationsThe Westin Dhaka
Main Gulshan Avenue,
CWN (B) Road 45,
Plot 1, Gulshan 2,
Dhaka, Bangladesh Four Points by Sheraton
6/A North Avenue
Commercial Area, Gulshan 2,
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh Lakeshore Hotel Gulshan
Road 41, House 46,
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh Hotel Sarina Dhaka
Plot #27, Road #17,
Dhaka 1213, Bangladesh
For assistance with your accommodations, please contact Dr. Vibha Ahuja at email@example.com.Sponsors
SABC 2019 is organized by